Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 30- Hello Kansas!

We call ourselves "The Ten".  We all came out together and have been at the VC.  This last transfer we are being split up.  It's hard!

Baking with a returning member in the 3rd ward.  We took goodies to her neighbors and sang to them.  It was such an awesome missionary tool!
Hey everyone!
We had transfers this past week and I have been transferred to KANSAS, Olathe to be exact, and I'm serving in the 1st ward!  It's just outside of Missouri, maybe 30 minutes away from where I was serving before but it's been pretty different adjusting to life not in the Visitors Center!  I miss it a lot but it is also SO AWESOME out here!  There is so much work going on out here it's incredible!  In my last area, when I first got there there were no investigators.  So we worked super hard and worked with the ward and saw so much progress and by the time I left there were like 8-10 investigators and the ward was really excited about missionary work so I know the area will continue to progress with the missionaries who are there:)


But then I get out here to Olathe and we have 60 investigators.  SIXTY.  It's gonna take me forever just to learn their names!!  Also, over 40 of them are spanish speakers!  There's so much Spanish!:)  There are a couple apartment complexes that we call "mini Mexico because everyone that lives there is from Mexico and speaks spanish!  I've only been here for a couple days but I can already tell that my spanish is getting a lot better!  Also, I am back with my trainer Sister Cuevas!  I usually doesn't happen that sisters are with companions more than once but we are together again so that's pretty crazy!
Liberty Jail with some of the Ramirez Family

Some of our beautiful investigators!  The two younger ones are getting baptized on Saturday and the older one was baptized in February.

Four investigators will be getting baptized this week and I am super excited for that!  They're all kids too!:)  They are a part of a huge part-member family, and a lot of their parents were baptized and then stopped coming to church so the kids weren't raised in the church.  But they are all returning members now and their whole family is coming to church!  The kids are so excited and I am so happy for them:)

 Something I learned this week is that Heavenly Father sometimes puts us in uncomfortable situations so we learn to trust in him.  Being a missionary, there have been so many times that I feel very uncomfortable because I'm doing something I've never done before!  But even though I feel uncomfortable, I know that I am never alone.  If you are ever feeling alone in a trial, pray for comfort!  Heavenly Father wants us to have those uncomfortable times, to learn and grow, but he never wants us to feel alone. I know he is aware of all of us and cares more than we could ever understand.

I love you all, and as always am so grateful for the incredible support I have! Thank you for all your prayers, all is well and God is good:)  God speed!
 Love Hermana/Sister Baggett
All mission conference before transfers.
I just love all these sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment