Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 46 - Conference weekend! Yea! :)


This week was of course general conference! So good!!  But first I'll
tell ya a little about our week! We went on exchanges out to Iola
Kansas, which is what most people imagine when they think of Kansas
ha-ha it's definitely the boonies and people like to use toilets and
bath tubs for their lawn decorations...ha-ha so enjoy this cow one we
found! And nothing else to crazy happened this week...so conference!

The cow toilet.




I love, love General conference and the opportunity it is to listen to
the prophet and church leaders who have truly been called of God. The
two talks that stood out to me the most this weekend were the ones
given by Bonnie Oscarson and Jeffrey R Holland.

I loved Sister Oscarson's because she hit hard on the fact that we are
not just some other church that makes you feel good when you think
about Christ, there is so much more because we truly have the
priesthood, the power of God, restored to the earth. This talk was
especially good for our investigator, Luke. He came to the church to
watch that session with us and he has such a strong belief in Christ
but doesn't see the importance of joining any specific religion. We know that
talk hit him hard because it talks about how we need this priesthood!
We're excited for our lesson with him later this week to see what he
thought:)

Elder Holland's talk was perfect because I think often times we're so
hard on ourselves. There's always more to do, more to change, more
things we did wrong and not very many things we seem to do right.
Although our desires are good to change, we are letting the devil get
into our heads and we begin to feel overwhelmed by the seemingly
impossible task ahead of us. The spirit taught me I can always
evaluate where I am by how I feel. If I feel overwhelmed, stressed,
afraid or anxious, then I'm not listening to the spirit. If I feel
peace, love, patience and hope that I am making progress then I am
listening to the spirit. This has helped me so much to understand how
I can improve in god's way. And even though my improvements may be
small, they are apparent and I can see progress as Christ walks beside
me.
I know that our Heavenly Father sends comfort to us when we are in
times of need. We are his children and he wants us to know that he
loves us and is proud for even our smallest of victories that go
unnoticed by others. I know that Heavenly Father knows me and he knows
you. He is overjoyed when we repent so we can be closer to him.

I love you all and hope you were able to find comfort during this
General conference as I was! And if you want to read/watch any of the
talks you missed or want again check the gospel library app, they
should be there soon!
All is well and God is good:)
Love Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett
My companion and a member backing us up.

This is Sister Ferguson and Sister Wheeler! Some of our favorite members!


No comments:

Post a Comment