Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 69 - Something to learn from everyone

With the Wilsons,  A senior couple at the Jail!




After playing ultimate frisbee on PDay!


My lovely Sister Morgan and I at our favorite place Longboards!

When you're on a mission you get the opportunity to get to know so many amazing people, and from all different walks of life! They've lived all over, experienced so many different things, learned so many lessons and we get to talk to them!! Pretty incredible opportunity to be able to learn so much all at once! I just wanted to share a couple of things people taught me just this week:)

Work and sacrifice bring forth the blessings of heaven A member family in our Ward helped me to understand this so much this week!! They have a beautiful home and live on a small family farm. They have a super cute red barn, beautiful horses and they seem to have the greatest life. Their mom is a relief society teacher and so the stories she has shared in class and also the times we have had lessons with their families I learned how they were able to get to where they are today and that is a whole lot of hard work! When they bought the land the house was a huge fixer upper, but they had a vision so they got to work! For 5 months they didn't even have a kitchen because it was under construction, but they patiently continued to work to build the dream. Now their house and their land is gorgeous! But it is still so much work. Their kids are learning how to keep things running and they know the importance of working hard to be able to be what you want to be.

The importance of the sacrament Yesterday we got a call from a woman who is working to return to activity and she was so upset because she was taking care of her mom who was just in a car accident but it meant she wouldn't be able to go to church. So she called us and said she knew she wanted to know if the sacrament could be brought to them so she could still recommit to our Heavenly Father by making those promises again. We were able to have her home teachers take the sacrament to her and she was so grateful. It was just an amazing example to me how much we really do need to go to church to partake of the sacrament every week.

You need to LOVE This is something that I have learned over and over though our my mission but my companion, Sister Morgan, has helped me so much to understand the importance of love. Love is the greatest motivator it really is what everyone needs. When people feel they are missing something in their lives, every time it can be filled with the love our Heavenly Father has for them. This world could always use a little more love.

Bear your testimony often We had a couple of meetings this last week and a couple other missionaries helped me to understand the importance of bearing our testimonies often. The doctrine is important, it's what we live by, but if we want people to understand why we live the way we do and why it would be beneficial for them to like the same way is by bearing personal testimony! Share with people how you know it's true and how it has blessed you:)
I just wanted to leave you with my testimony that I know Christ is our Savior. I know we have prophets on the earth to lead and guide us just as we did in times of old. I know Joseph Smith was a called prophet of God to restore Christ's church in it's fullness and I know the Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, is the word of God. I know this is true because I've studied, I've prayed and I've worked hard every day to live it. Living a Christ centered life and doing my best to follow his example has made me into the person I am today, and will continue to make me better forever. I'm so grateful for the gospel and my testimony:) if anyone has an extra 5 minutes this week, I would love to hear your testimony! Especially how you have come to know and how it has blessed your life:)
Thank you for always uplifting and encouraging me!!
All is well and God is good:)
Love Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett

Exchanges with Sister Guerrero
Exchanges with Sister GC!
My Jail Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment