Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, November 14, 2016

From the Momma!

Sister Baggett was our first missionary and we had no idea what we were doing when getting her ready to leave.  Everything has been a learning experience for us and I hope that we have done a good job.  During these past 18 months, there have been ups and downs, many ranges of emotions and just plain happiness.  There is something really special about having a missionary out.  One thing that I was not prepared for is the sadness that her mission is over.  Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to see her in a few days, but I will miss the spiritual connection and communication that we have had every week.  We couldn't be more proud of Courtney.  I have throughly enjoyed updating this blog every week and will have it made into a book for Courtney so that she can remember what an amazing missionary she was.  I know it is hard to transition back into the world but I hope Courtney will remember “Onward, ever onward . . . forward, pressing forward!” The familiar anthem of missionary work also makes a fantastic motto for post-mission life. A “press forward” attitude bids a joyous farewell to the past and turns with purposeful optimism to the unfolding future.   

I get a three week break from weekly blog updates as Charlie will be leaving soon.  I will close the door to this chapter of our daughter's life and open the door to Sweden!  Let the Swedish experiences begin.
Love,
The Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment