Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 36 - Heavenly Father knows best

Temple trip with Mama Lyons, Sister Taylor, Hermana Cuevas and I!
Well after this transfer I am still in Kansas but I have a new
companion!:)  Her name is Sister Krage (Pronounced like Craig but personally I like K-Rage better:) )  She's from San Diego California so I'm helping her break into the cold!  She's also a Spanish Speaking missionary so we've been practicing a lot together and we've had quite the week!:)


Because you can't plan for 4 hours without peanut butter ! :) Sister Krage and I

Just an update on the baptisms I was talking about last week.  The one that was supposed to happen this last weekend didn't happen because our investigator has kind of disappeared.  He missed his 2 appointments he was supposed to have with us this week and he's never home when he used to be.  he never answers his phone or texts us back and we're doing what we can to find him. Satan works really hard the
week before baptism so we don't know what happened, but we are hard at work trying to find him so we can help him to progress.

The baptism for the family that was supposed to be this weekend will be moved one more week over because they had some family problems and couldn't get to church yesterday.  They really do want to be baptized though, so any prayers would be so helpful to help them to get to church this Sunday!

Although it was disappointing to not have things go as planned my testimony has really grown this week of things happening in God's timing.  Things don't always happen right when we want them to, and it's hard not to be frustrated, but I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and His plan is better than our own!  I am learning to trust in his plan more and I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have of the simple fact that he truly does have a plan for you and for me:)

A miracle we had this week though was we found 2 new investigators! We were contacting a referral from a member of the ward and I don't know what it is, but there are so many people out here who think if they turn the lights off when we knock on the door then we don't think they're there...sorry people, we're a little smarter than that!:) hahaha so this woman did that at first, and we always knock twice, so we decided to try one more time and this time she turned the lights back on and opened the door!  We introduced ourselves and she let us come and where we taught her and her daughter.  She has a great desire to learn more and we are so excited to teach her and her daughter!

I'd just like to tell you all how much I love being a missionary.
Although it's the hardest thing I've ever done, I feel it making me
into a better person.  I wish I could explain how it feels to be
guided by the spirit to answer a question someone has had for forever, or to be there when they start to feel the spirit changing their lives.  I'm humbled to be a part of this work and know that this that we teach is the truth; Jesus Christ's gospel has truly been restored:)

I love you all!  Hope you all are doing well too:) thanks for all
your love and support!  All is well and God is good:)

Love Hermana/Sister Baggett
 TRANSFERS
Hermana Krage, me, Sister Rowley and Hermana Cuevas




Two of my companions Hermana Krage and Sister Hunt at transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment