Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 51 - Happy Mother's Day!



Getting donuts on exchanges with Sister Reeves!
Family and friends!:)
I hope every one had a great week because we sure did here! We had a
relief society party and the Ward wanted to do something fun for cinco
de mayo so we had a salsa party! Some of the Hispanic sisters
volunteered to teach all the American sisters how they make different
kind of salsas and it was so fun! Some of the salsas are so hot you
don't even want to breathe by them...haha but it was fun to see
everyone come together! We had Salsas from Mexico, Peru, El Salvador
and chile! We were able to bring some of our investigators come too and
they got to know some of the relief society members. That will help
them to get to church, because they know they have friends there!

We also did some service with the young women in the stake to get
ready for girls camp. It was so great to be around the young women and
to remember how much going to girls camp and being in young women
really helped me to become the person that I am today. I'm so grateful
for all the amazing leaders I had and I know it true is inspired to
have specific people in our lives at specific times.
Playing with the chickens!

Some other random things we did this week, we got ice cream because I
have officially been a missionary for a year! Crazy! Also played with
chicks with our recent converts! And of course it was Mother's Day so
I got to chat with my family yesterday! I'm so grateful for my family
and for all of you who are so supportive of me in my mission and my
life in general. I can't even explain how blessed I am to have the
people in my life that I do. I'm so grateful for all of you:)
All is well and God is good!:)
Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett

Service with the young women.

No comments:

Post a Comment