Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 54 - We are never alone!



Sister Flake and I.

I don't have much to say from this week, it was a pretty normal week for us! We went on another exchange and it was fun to go to the boonies for the day with one of my favorite sisters in the missionSister Reeves! We also taught a lot of lessons, helped a member paint their new house and helped the young women set up for girl’s camp! So not much that's new but there is one thing I felt really prompted to share today.
The main thing that I wanted to share with you all this week is something that the spirit told me yesterday during sacrament meeting.The sister that was speaking was talking about family history and shared a personal story about her grandma. As she was speaking I got avery distinct impression that I was not sitting alone on the pew. To the view of everyone else I know it seemed that on my left, I had my companion and investigator, but to my right the pew was empty. I know that in that moment the pew was full.
Many people say that a mission must be hard because you're so far from your family, but I have to say I don't agree. Although I miss my immediate family who are far, I know I am not alone. It's not just me that wakes up every morning, thinking about how to help these people.It's not just me who walks down the streets and knocks on doors and talks to random people. It's not just me who cries when people choose not to follow Christ. I could tell you specific names of people who were sitting with me on that church pew and I know there were many more. I have more help from the other side than I could ever imagine.There are guardian angels all around!
So with this, for all of your who have a child on a mission, or a grandchild, a sibling, niece, nephew or friend, know this; we are surrounded by angels. Sometimes we struggle when we hit rough patches,sometimes we are confused and feel overwhelmed, because missionary work is hard. But we are the safest we could ever be. We are in the safest hands there are. So we know you worry, but we are in the Lords work and he never leaves us alone, he sends us guardian angels to bear us up.
I'm so grateful for the gospel and for the impact that my mission has had thus far on my life. I'm excited to see how much it will continue to change me. I love you all!All is well and God is good:)
Love Hermana/Sister Baggett

Out to dinner with Sister Flake, Rollins and Jackson.
Sister Flake, Elder Bagley and Elder Roberts after Spanish class.

No comments:

Post a Comment