Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week 55 - Toto...I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!



Some of the greatest!  Top: Sister Werber, Sister Prior and Sister Durrans.  Bottom: Sister Schiess and me!

Well everyone, we've had a change of scene! After serving in Olathe, Kansas for 6 months I was transferred and I am now serving in Liberty,Missouri at the historic Liberty jail. Pretty amazing change of venue! I love it so much already here and I have some pretty awesome stories from this last week!

 One more update from the people in Olathe! We had the most powerful lesson with Royce and his wife the day before I left. We talked about our spiritual progression and how he can feel closer to god's love. He said he is ready to commit to baptism again and he is preparing to be baptized on June 18th:) he is such an amazing miracle, I am so grateful to be a part of this family!!

And an update from where I am now! I'm serving in the Doniphan Ward in Liberty Missouri and am serving at the Liberty Jail! I have to keep reminding myself that I'm actually here because it really just feels like a dream! We're already in the busy summer swing and so my companion and I already need to take presentations on our own. There is a lot of history to know here, so it's a really good thing we go by the spirit because I wouldn't be able to do this at all if it weren't for that! My companion Sister Schiess and I are both new to our area so we don't know anyone ha-ha but we have met quite a few Ward members the past couple days and it's a stellar Ward so I'm excited to be here:)

We actually had a baptism this week too, to add to the crazy:) it wasn't a typical baptism though. Ella has been a member of what's called the restoration branch, which is a break off of our church in the early days of the church. After a lot and a confusing story that I don't have time to explain, her and her husband gained a testimony that this is god's true church on the earth and she entered the waters of baptism. It is amazing to be able to walk this path with people. To help them find true happiness and love. I am just so grateful everyday to be a missionary:)This was only a fraction of what happened this week but as Ammon says in alma 26:16, "I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." I'm just grateful and happy to be where I am:) 

I love you all! 

All is well and God is good!

Love Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett
Sister Schiess and I at our new fave restaurant!

Eating with Sister Jorgensen and Sister Wilkey after a meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment