Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Week 56 - Summer at the Liberty Jail



Sister Schiess and I at the temple
Hello ladies and gents!
This week has been pretty crazy thus far already, and the reason we're
writing so late today is because we had a member of the seventy come
for a mission conference today! So we had to switch up our p-day a
little bit but all is well and the meeting was fantastic so I was very
grateful to be able to go!

Miracles from the week!:) We were able to meet a lot of the member
families which was such a blessing because my companion and I are both
brand new to the area! One of the families that we met are the
Green's! The dad is not a member but he has been meeting with the
sisters so we're excited to start meeting with him, and then they
brought their niece to church who is going to be living here for the
summer, she said she wants to meet with us too so that was a huge
miracle to get a new investigator at church!:)

We also had a man who is a member, but his wife and 3 oldest girls who
haven't been baptized come to church! It was amazing because his wife
has never been interested in anything to do with the church, he's
pretty active, but they just had their 5th girl and so they all came
to church to have her be blessed. His wife was actually really excited
for the blessing and it was good to have such a good contact with her
at church:)

And a little story from the liberty jail!:) I took a huge family from
Riverton on presentation with their extended family on a family
reunion, and after they gave me a hard time for going to Bingham ha-ha
we had a really good time! We went though the history first and then
went into the rotunda (the room where the jail is) and after the last
narration that talked about the revelation that was received in the
jail, I felt like we should sing a song. And it was super random, but
I felt like we should sing “I am a child of God.” I asked if they would
sing with me, and when they all started to sing the spirit flooded the
room stronger than I have felt it in a long time.

The spirit at the Liberty Jail and understanding more about the
history of the church has helped to strengthen my testimony so much. I
truly know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and Thomas S. Monson
is the living prophet on the Earth today. Just grateful to be a missionary:)

All is well and God is good!!

Love Hermana/Sister Baggett

Seeing some of the sisters at the conference this morning,  Sister Morgan, me, Sister Hunt and Sister Rowley
Me, Sister Schiess and our friend Pauline at Liberty Jail

No comments:

Post a Comment