Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Week 61 - I Love Liberty!

Sister Schiss and I at HLJ!

We survived transfers!:) Sister Schiess and I get to stay together in our area and we are super excited because miracles are coming like crazy! This week we had the amazing experience to have a ElderAndersen of the quorum of the twelve visit our mission. It was amazing to hear his witness of the savior and it helped to me continue to strengthen my faith of the Savior. I know He lives.

Elder Neil A. Andersen

Church this week was also amazing!! We had a whole family come that hasn't been coming for a long time, and also a woman who has been wanting to come back to church came as well. And they all stayed for all 3 hours!! We talked about the temple in relief society and that was exactly what both of them needed to hear:) the Lord truly knows all that we need.
Also the jail was wonderful this week, nice and busy just the way we like it! But I had a really special experience this week. I had the opportunity to take a set of sisters though with their investigator and a member family. This investigator's husband is a member and she has been learning about the church. She loves church and everything the sisters teach, she just was having a hard time trusting the Joseph smith was a prophet. So when someone needs to strengthen their testimony that Joseph smith was a prophet, bring them into the liberty jail!:) she was listening intently during the history and also during the narrations in the rotunda where the jail is. But after our last narration, I had a couple of people bear their testimonies about what they had learned and then closed with my own, and as I was walking away to go turn the lights up, I heard her sobbing behind me. I was a little worried at first but the spirit told me the sisters would takeover.
The other people who had joined our groups left and the sisters with the investigator and members sat by the jail and talked about how overwhelmed by the spirit she was. She said she knew he truly was a prophet and this was where Heavenly Father needed her to be right now,that she was on the right path with the church. It was amazing to hear the conversation that came after we felt the spirit together and the sisters said they are planning on setting a baptism date with next when they go to see her on Wednesday:) I just feel so blessed to be able to witness so many miracles!
And just to end with a little something that I learning this week. I was reminded this week about the power of prayer. I've probably said this more than once, but what an amazing truth to say that God, theGod of the entire universe, listens to our words and has a plan for every one of us. We are important to him.  I worry that is something that we say so often in the church that we forget what it actually means. But I know that it's true. I have felt his gentle touch and seen him answer my prayers countless times. I'm more grateful than I can explain for the blessing of prayer and communication with our loving Heavenly Father.
I hope everyone has a fabulous week!! All is well and God is good:)Love Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett


A visual that I love that helps me to visualize what prayer really is.


At the grave of Alexander Doniphan!  He was a good friend to the members of the church while they were here and he is the person that the Ward I'm serving in is named after.

Just saying "HI" to my little friend on the side of the road!



No comments:

Post a Comment