Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Friday, May 29, 2015

Week 3 MTC and Elder Holland



Our district with our teacher Sister Avery
Another week down and everything is going great here!  The food is getting a little dull..hahaha but that was expected.  The greatest thing that happened this week was ELDER HOLLAND came to speak for devotional!!  For those of you who may not know, Elder Holland is one of the members of the presidency of the church.  They said they only get apostles here about every 6 to 8 weeks, but they haven't had one for 10, so it was a huge deal that we could be here when he came!  I sang in the MTC choir which is always fun and we sang his favorite hymn, more holiness give me.  Elder Holland taught that one of the ways the devil stops us is by making us not want to talk to others.  If he can just make us a little nervous to share, worried to talk to a random person, anything like that, he can keep us from helping people who may we may be able to help.  So this week I challenge all of you out there, to OPEN YOUR MOUTH.  Compliment someone, share a thought, talk to someone you haven't before, anything works, but open your mouth.  You will be amazed at what God can do through you!

Something else I wanted to talk about really quick, a couple weeks ago I mentioned something about sisters who served missions a long time ago and I needed to apologize, I fell into the stereotype that sisters only used to serve missions if they couldn't get married but I was so wrong and this week I realized I have so many examples in my life to prove otherwise.  I have so many amazing women in my life who chose to wait until they were older to serve missions because they wanted to serve him so badly, they love him and wanted to do his work!  So once again I apologize for falling into stereotypes and I wanted to express how grateful I am for all the amazing examples of women that I have in my life.  I hope to be as good of a missionary as they are!

Not much new has gone on here at the MTC this week, we study a lot and I feel like we're eating all the time cause the days go by so fast!  We have a lot of fun here though too, which is important!  Because even though we're supposed to be working, the Lord wants us to have fun while we do it, and we're doing a good job having fun with it too:)

Just a quick thought before I sign out for the week, in the hymn "we are all enlisted" there is a verse, verse 2 that says: 

Hark! the sound of battle sounding loudly and clear;
Come join the ranks! Come join the ranks!
We are waiting now for soldiers; who'll volunteer?
Rally round the standard of the cross.
Hark! 'tis our Captain calls you today;
Lose not a moment, make no delay!
Fight for our Savior; come, come away!
We're joyfully, joyfully marching to our home.

This just kind of goes a long the lines of what I said earlier of opening your mouth.  You don't have to be a missionary to join the ranks and to fight for our savior!  He fought for you, he fought to the death for you.  Will you now fight for him?

I hope everyone is doing well and love you all!  Have a good week and God speed.
Love Sister Courtney Baggett

   Temple Walk Sunday                
                       Elder Eller, Elder Wagner, Hermana Jamison, Hermana Parris, Hermana Bassett, Hermana Craig,  
Elder Westburg and Elder House

No comments:

Post a Comment