Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 13-Have faith and adventures!





Myself, Hermana Cuevas, Elder Umperiez and Elder Reis getting McFlurrys on the way to transfers.
We had our first transfer this week and man what an adventure that
was! This is also why I'm emailing on Tuesday, my Pday is Tuesday for
the next transfer because all the visitors center sisters can't have
Pday all on the same day haha.  My companion and I assumed that we
would be staying together because I'm still in training and we were
both new to the area, but I learned quickly learned never to assume
because you're almost never right!:) haha so Hermana Cuevas was
transferred out of the visitors center and my new companions name is
Sister Hunt!

Here's the catch, we were in the MTC together so we've both only been
out for 6 weeks. The training that new missionaries do is a 12 week
program, so we are finishing each other's training together. Pretty
wild! Haha but we have seen so many miracles already I know that we
were supposed to be companions and that this change is where God needs
us even though it sounds crazy:)

Since we are both new and don't have too much experience we have been
praying so hard for help and trusting that the lord would take care of
us if we were obedient and the lord never fails us:) we have had
incredible experiences this week with both less actives and
investigators. 3 of the less active family's that we have been working
with made it to church this week and we were so excited to see the
ward give them a loving welcome!

We also had our first meeting with a new investigator at 7 one night.
So we went over and his wife said he wasn't home but he should be back
later and she said we could come back later that night if he came back
in time. We weren't sure if we'd see him but prayed that he would and
went to visit some other people. But at 8:15 we really felt like we
should go back. We didn't know if we would have time, because we're
supposed to be back to the visitors center by 8:50 and we needed to
drive 15 minutes to get there, but decided we would go anyway. Turns
out he had just gotten home and we were able to teach him!

Even though it was a short lesson, the spirit was there, he committed
to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and we had such a good
feeling leaving! I know this experience, and so many others this week,
were directed by the spirit! It may seem like such a little thing for
us to have gone back to his house that night, but this book and gospel
are changing people's lives, IT'S NOT A LITTLE THING. And it can
change your life too, just like it can for these investigators and I
can testify of this, because I have seen it change my own life.

My companion and I have been studying how to use the Book of Mormon
better in teaching this week because of a quote we ready in preach my
gospel. It said, "the Book of Mormon, combined with the spirit, is
your most powerful resource in conversion." And this brings my little
challenge for you this week:) I challenge all of you to read the
introduction of the Book of Mormon and read for at least 5 minutes
every day. And then pray to your Heavenly Father and ask if this is
true. Even if you've already received an answer before, ask again:)
the lord will reconfirm to you and you will have a greater desire to
learn more from the Book of Mormon. I have received confirmation after
confirmation that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know
will all my heart that as we consistently read from it each day that
will receive blessings beyond measure.

So, read the book, pray and serve:) all have a good week y'all, I sure
do love you:)
And never forget, all is well and God is good:)
Love Hermana Baggett


This is my new companion Sister Hunt!  We matched on accident, but it was cute :)

Just a little fun in the play area at the Visitor Center before we closed one day!  Hermana Cuevas in the front then left to right, Hermana Lamb, me, Sister Marshall and Hermana Delgado.

No comments:

Post a Comment