Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 27-"I'm praying with my eyes open, or else I'll fall asleep"- Sister Helmbold and I's life


Boy band picture when all the missionaries in the Independence 3rd ward match!
Sister Helmbold, Elder Blake, Elder Umperriez and I.
Hey all!
The title of this weekly letter basically explains the week that
Sister Helmbold and I had haha.  We have been so tired that we can't
sit for very long or we'll zonk out, but that means we're working hard
right?:)  I was talking to one of the other sisters, Sister Allan, who
is going home this transfer and she goes, oh don't worry it only gets
worse!  Good thing I have the spirit to move me along, or man, we
would have crashed a long time ago!  I've never been this tired in my
life, but at the same time I've never been so happy!  I still don't
quite understand how it all works...hahaha but I'm the happiest I have
ever been and there's no where I'd rather be than here in Missouri
teaching about the restoration of the gospel:)

Some miracles from this week!  Last week we took our investigator and
her son to the visitors’ center to watch the Joseph Smith movie because
she was having a hard time gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith being a
prophet.  And the end we invited her to pray about the things we had
been talking about and really testified about how she can gain her own
testimony.  She said she would!  So we called her a couple of days
later and asked if she had received an answer, and she said she had!
She didn't say specifically if it was yes or no, but she said she
wanted her husband to come and watch the movie too and wanted him to
be more involved!  She may not have told us specifically if she knows
the church was restored yet or not, but with how excited she is about
her husband being involved everything is pointing to the fact that she
is gaining a testimony!!:)

Seeing this change in her from when we first met her about 3 months
ago has been so incredible.  She said she feels a difference in her
life and knows that Heavenly Father is blessing her and her family
because they are doing the right things and following his commandments
as they meet with us.  Sister Helmbold and I have had plenty of times
that we sit on speaker phone with her and dance around or cry because
of how happy it makes us to see this change in her life!:)  There is
nothing better than being able to see someone become happier because
of the changes they are making to come closer to our savior.

Another miracle from the week is I have been praying for weeks to have
an opportunity to use my Spanish.  There are a couple ward members who
speak Spanish but also English, so I have them talk to me in Spanish
so I can practice, but nothing huge and I just really wanted to be
able to use the language I have been called to speak.  That prayer was
answered this week when we went to visit a youth in our ward. She's 16
and is totally active, but neither of her parents are members and her
brother is less active.  She gets rides to church every Sunday and has
the strongest testimony and we felt we should visit her to see how she
was doing.  I actually wasn't at this specific lesson, we were on
exchanges but this girls dad sat in on the talk and the sisters were
able to teach him a little bit!  His daughter translated for him
because he doesn't speak a lot of English, but they read in Ether 12
and he said that he would read the rest of the chapter and we could
come back to talk about more!  So we get to go back and I can teach
him in Spanish!:)

This may seem like a little thing to most people, but this was such a
blessing for me and I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers,
however insignificant they seem to others. I know this is the work of
the Lord and I am grateful and humbled to be able to be a part of it.
I'm so grateful for all the amazing people I have the opportunity to
meet.  All these faithful ward members, our investigators, the elders
and sisters I serve around and especially my companion!  I love being
a missionary and I hope this Thanksgiving week you will all be able to
find things you're grateful for as well!

I love you all!  Thanks for everything and all your support, and
happy thanksgiving!:)
And as always, all is well and God is good:)
Love, Hermana/Sister Baggett
Lunch break groupies haha
Sisters Helmbold, Krause, Peterson and Allan

Teaching center, where we answer phone calls and take chats from people who have questions about the church on Mormon.org with Sister Prior.

Matching Royal shirts for fun at pday sports at the stake center.

No comments:

Post a Comment