Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Week 65 - Come join the ranks



A bunch of lovely sisters a zone conference by the Kansas City temple.
Exchanges with Sister Peterson! She'll be in a trio with us next week because her companion is going home a week early for school.  It's going to be awesome!


Hello from the MIM! 

A couple of things we did this week! We were able to do personal progress with a member of our Ward and her daughter. They are both converts and so we were helping them get in the groove and it was so awesome to see them grow closer as we all read the scriptures together:) we also painted a kitchen for a woman who is returning back to church! She hasn't been active for a long time but knows now that this is where she needs to be and she will be getting a calling next week:) we talked to so many people all over! Many of them weren't interested, but I know as we keep working hard we will find those who want to come closer to Christ!:) 

we also had an awesome zone conference! At zone conference I had to give my first departing testimony....we bear departing testimonies at all of your last meetings, so last zone conference, zone training, district meeting, all of those. And I guess this last week was my last zone conference which absolutely blows my mind...but all of that aside! There has been something that has been on my mind a lot, it's what I shared in my testimony and I felt I should share it here too! The world is a pretty crazy place, honestly a lot of the time it's getting pretty scary. But Heavenly Father has given us an incredible blessing and that is the amazing people around us, our friends and our family! He knew when we left his presence that this would be so hard, but he never expected us to do it on our own, so he blessed us with others. On those hard days that we all have, I have something that always brings me back. When I think of my companion beside me who is working hard to succeed and do the will of the Lord. I think of the other sisters serving with me at the liberty jail who come in to the jail each night looking exhausted because they worked so hard all day long. Then it spreads to all the missionaries in this mission, then those friends I have who are all over the world and the people in their missions. And that doesn't even begin to touch all the members everywhere! We may be small in number compared to the numbers of the world, but I hope you can feel a little of how strong the team that we have is! We are on the winning team, we know that Christ will come out victorious and just as it says over and over in the Book of Mormon, those will not be ashamed who wait for him. Don't forget that you are not alone in working to live the gospel! 

The last two verses to "We are all Enlisted" really sums up everything I've been feeling! 

"Hark! the sound of battle sounding loudly and clear; Come join the ranks! Come join the ranks! We are waiting now for soldiers; who’ll volunteer? Rally round the standard of the cross. Hark! ’tis our Captain calls you today; Lose not a moment, make no delay! Fight for our Savior; come, come away! We’re joyfully, joyfully marching to our home. Fighting for a kingdom, and the world is our foe; Happy are we! Happy are we! Glad to join the army, we will sing as we go; We shall gain the vict’ry by and by. Dangers may gather--why should we fear? Jesus, our Leader, ever is near. He will protect us, comfort, and cheer. We’re joyfully, joyfully marching to our home. We are all enlisted till the conflict is o’er; Happy are we! Happy are we! Soldiers in the army, there’s a bright crown in store; We shall win and wear it by and by." 

Thank you to all of you, because you have been my team all along the way! I couldn't ask for a better support system. So make no delay, come join the ranks:) All is well, God is good, and we are his hands. 

Love Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett

Sister Schiess and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment