Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 11-The spirit of hymns

This week my companion and I have been practicing English idioms for her language study because there are so many things that are confusing that we say in English that we don't realize are confusing, like "it's a piece of cake" "cut it out" or " you look like a million dollars":) so she's been using every opportunity to use these new lines and one night we're planning for the next day and I said  something about how I was tired and she goes, "cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it!" I was in shock because I definitely did not teach her that one! And then I hear one of the sisters we live with upstairs start laughing....haha so now all the sisters are in on our idiom game and I get all the sass from my companion:)

Another funny thing that happened this week was one of the senior
elders helping the sisters to clean our kitchen at the VC and was
wondering why no one had started the dishwasher. The sisters said it was because we didn't have any more soap for the dishwasher. He decided to take matters into his own hands...
So brothers and sisters, learn from this and know, 
DISH SOAP DOES NOT GO IN THE DISHWASHER:)

On a more spiritual note, my companion and I have started singing in our lessons with investigators to help explain doctrine or invite the spirit more and it has been incredible. We are not by any means the best singers but doctrine and covenants 25:12, "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me" and no matter how it sounds, the spirit floods the room. What an awesome tool we have! You don't even need anything because you always have your voice, and it will bring the spirit right to you. So this week if you need a little bit of comfort or love, sing a hymn and I know you'll feel of the love our savior has for you:)

I send my love to all of you.  All is well and God is good.
Love Sister Baggett:)

Sister Cuevas and I and a cute family in our ward

The dishwasher fiasco
PDays and excitement

Sister Cuevas, Sister Morgan and I.  Sister Hansen washing the car in the back!


This is a sweet video from one of the storms.  It's a time lapse of the lightning so bright in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment