Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 20-Listen to conference everyone!



A bunch of the Sisters at the Women's Broadcast with good ole' President Cato, the Stake President of the Independence Stake.  Top: Sisters Marshall, Flake, me, Pres. Cato, Sisters Morgan and Hunt.  Bottom: Sisters Hafoke, Hixon and Wilkey.
Hey Y'all,
I don't know how many of you listened to/watched the general woman's
meeting this past Saturday but if you didn't, I strongly invite you to
watch it!:) I learned so much and felt the spirit so strongly during
the broadcast.  One of my favorite things I learned was if you ever
question the fact that you are a son or daughter of God, if you ever
think that you don't have worth, all you have to do is ask Heavenly
Father. "Heavenly Father, am I your daughter?" As simple as that, and
when we ask and then listen, he will answer! And He will tell you that
he loves you:) I also learned that we must believe that we are loved
first before we can really love others. When we learn to love
ourselves, our love for others will grow exponentially and we will be
able to change the lives of others! I hope you were all able to learn
things you needed as well, and remember to love yourself!!

Some missionary moments of the week! About 2 weeks ago we went to
teach our investigator and the goal was to teach her about the word of
wisdom. She has a smoking problem and wants to be baptized so bad but
you can't be baptized until you quit so we were going to teach her and
help her. We started by asking how her week was and she goes, "these
past few days have been really hard." And we're like "oh no, why??"
And she says, "well it's just really hard to quit smoking." Sister
Hunt and I look at each other, mind you, we haven't taught anything
yet! We didn't even know she knew about the word of wisdom! So we
asked, "wait you really already started to quit, cause we were gonna
teach that today!" And she told us that she had heard she had to quit
before she got baptized so she dropped it and wasn't going back! It
was so amazing to see how she has such a desire to come closer to
Christ and will do anything to get there. She's incredible and now
hasn't smoked for almost 2 weeks! I can't wait for her to get baptized
it a couple weeks:)

Morning sports at the church gym Monday morning. Sister Hafoka, me, Sister Moss and Sister Hixon.
Another great moment with this same investigator was of the wards put
on a musical fireside and it was great!! The spirit comes so strong
when we sing and she said the whole time she didn't even think about
smoking, only the music and thinking about being able to go to the
temple. Isn't that such a beautiful thing? Also bonus side note, one
of the songs sang was called "how can I be" which is one of my
favorite songs that my brother Charlie used to always sing. (So shout
out to Char for jamming out on his uke to such great songs haha:)

And one last great thing! We just heard that our investigator that has
been out of town staying with family for almost 3 months now is coming
home!:) I was so excited, dancing around the house and my comp just
thinks I'm crazy but man I'm so excited about this whole salvation
thing!!!! I just love being a missionary:)

I hope everyone has a chance to watch conference this weekend to learn
of what out savior and Heavenly Father would tell us if they were
here.  I know we all can receive answers to questions, direction and
comfort as we listen to the words of the prophet and apostles. I know
this church really is lead by God. I wouldn't be able to do any of
this work with out Him! I love you all!!
And don't forget, all is well and God is good:)

Love Hermana Baggett
A selfie with my fav sister, Sister Moss!
Getting a treat on Monday during our lunch hour on everyone else's P-day at a place called Yogurtini (just like Menchies)!  Top row, Elder Brown and Ynchausti, Sister Hixon and Hunt.  Middle Row, Sister Day, Moss and Elder Anderson.  Front row, Sister Hafoka, me and Elder Lloynd.

No comments:

Post a Comment