Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Friday, October 16, 2015

Week 22- #1 Mission


One of my favorite little girls in the ward who got carried away with the stickers when we were having dinner with them.
I know everyone always says "my mission is the best mission!" But
really my mission though...haha the Missouri independence mission AKA
the alpha and omega mission or the only mission with a future;) did I
mention mine is literally the best?

Sister Moss and I and our matching necklaces.  My mom sent me one and her grandparents sent her one and we got them the same week!

Okay now that I'm off my high horse...I have some extra mission pride
this week because the visitors center sisters were able to go visit
Adam-Ondi-Ahman, Far West and Liberty Jail and I had some of the most
spiritual experiences I have ever had. I just feel so incredibly
blessed. In what mission can you live in the place that was the garden
of Eden (Independence), drive 20 minutes to sit in the Liberty Jail
where some of my favorite revelations in the Doctrine and Covenants
were received to comfort the prophet Joseph smith in his time of need
(sections 121-123). Then drive an hour to Adam-ondi-ahman where after
the second coming, the Lord Jesus Christ himself with gather the elect
for a grand meeting. There is no place in the world like this and I
feel so blessed and grateful every day to be able to serve in this
incredible place.


Preacher's Rock
Preacher's Rock is where the prophet is said to have stood and taught.

Far West
Cornerstones for a temple were laid here in July 1838. Although the Saints were not able to complete the temple, the cornerstones and property remain as a testament of their faith and devotion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Adam-Ondi-Ahman 
This is where Adam and Eve went when they were cast out of the Garden of Eden and where Adam blessed his posterity before he passed away.

Preacher's Rock./Adam-Ondi-Ahman

Liberty Jail
This is where the Prophet Joseph Smith spent approximately five months awaiting trial. While there he received three revelations that are included in the Doctrine and Covenants today.

Some other great experiences from this week! We had our first baptism!
Darlene was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday in sacrament
and it was a wonderful experience! It has been such a blessing to
teach her and to feel of her spirit.  The spirit taught her all along
the way and it has been a blessing to me to be able to see the light
grow in her eyes and in her face!


Sister Hunt, Darlene and I at Darlene's baptism.

And last for the week but definitely not least was we were able to
talk with Sister Dalton, the former young woman's president on the
phone for one of our training meetings. She is a huge example in life
of someone who devotes everything they have to the savior, I hope to
be like her one day.  One thing she said to us that really touched me
was, "you are exactly where the lord needs you right now." We could
have been born at any time, in any country, to any family in any
situation but you are here right now for a reason. What is that
reason? I couldn't tell you, but I know the Lord can and will help you
to find that purpose and help you to accomplish it.

I know I am where I need to be and I am so grateful and love it all:)
I hope all is well with all of you. I am grateful for all of you as
well! Have a great week and I'll talk to you next! All is well and God
is good:)

Love Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett

No comments:

Post a Comment