Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 40 - Get in the shower! We're going to church!

First of all, I'm pretty sure Summer came to Kansas! This whole week it has been like 60 to 70 degrees all week and man it's been so nice! It's been nice to drop the coats for a little while and super great because everyone was outside!:) we were able to talk with so many people! It was a miracle to find 5 new investigators and then the 2 sets of elders in our ward were able to find 11 more! It's so exciting to find people who want to learn more about Christ and are ready to change their lives!

Lunch with some of the missionaries.  Elder Amosa, Bylund, Bautista and Antonio and Sister Krage and I!

My personal favorite thing that happened this week was with our investigator for church! She has been really trying to come to church but something always gets in the way every week and this week we were like it's not happening this week!! Her phone was going right to voicemail on Sunday morning and we needed to do something, so we went over to her house right before church to see what the problem was!
She opened the door and was like "oh man I forgot about church!" We were like don't worry, you have 20 minutes before your ride is coming to get you! She was like, no, I don't think I have time. But we weren't just leaving after that! We really were bold about how much she needs this and asked what we could do to help her so we went into her room and picked out an outfit for her and said okay, get in the shower, they're coming in 15 minutes! And she actually made it tochurch!:)
She had an amazing experience and talked about how much she loved being there are we were so grateful our boldness was good! I'm so excited to see her keep progressing:) and this is a perfect example of the little thought I wanted to share this week. Something I love most about being a missionary is seeking people's lives change as they start to apply the teachings of the gospel. You can literally see the change in their face; they're happier and they have a glow of peace and love.

Heart attacking a family in our ward because they just had a baby.
And of course a picture with the baby!

I can personally testify that the gospel has personally blessed and changed me and my family. I know that my family is the way that it is because of the gospel. I can't explain how grateful I am to have been taught the gospel and to feel the difference in my life! I know that although things like, reading the scriptures daily, praying and going to church may seem simple, I know those simple things will change your life.
I hope you all have a fantastic week! Love you all!

All is well and God is good:)Love Hermana/Sister Baggett

We may be missionaries but girls still wanna have FUN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment