Missouri, Independence Mission

Missouri, Independence Mission

Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 41 - Be The Light

Ninja turtle shirts for Sister Krage's birthday!




Some past sister missionaries coming for a visit!  Sisters Sydnie Pistorious and Elise Allen, Mama Lyons, Sister Krage and I.

Church miracles again this week!:) we had 3 investigators come to church and we weren't really expecting any of them! The first was a man who has been progressing really well but he has been super sick all week. But he was there even though he still had a fever! The second is a woman we've been working with who hasn't been able to come to church for like 4 months. She texted us 15 minutes before church and just said "hey we're here!" We were like WHAT!? And then the third was a woman who we haven't even talked to for like a month. She wasn't texting her back so we decided to move on to people who were ready to progress. She showed and loved it and now we are going to start teaching her and her kids!!In my studies this week, I read a poem from a talk given PresidentThomas S Monson that really stood out. It said,





"I met a stranger in the night
Whose lamp had ceased to shine.
I paused and let him light
His lamp from mine.

A tempest sprang up later on
And shook the world about.
And when the wind was gone
My lamp was out!

But back to me the stranger came--
His lamp was glowing fine!
He held the precious flame
And lighted mine!"


I think it hit me so hard because it reminded me how much others around us can help us during this earthly journey. At times we will be the one to light some one else, but at times we will be the weak one who needs some light, but that's why our Heavenly Father didn't leave us alone in the journey, because he knew we would need loved ones to help us along the way.He also gave us the incredible gift of the gospel. He has reveled it all though out history because he loves each one of his children! I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to teach this amazing truth to others and to be blessed with so many amazing people to hold me up and relight my candle.

I love you all, all is well and God is good:)

Love Hermana/Sister Courtney Baggett




Doing Family History with a recent convert and a member.
Lunch for Sister Krage's birthday with a member of our ward Sister Danyelle Ferguson.



No comments:

Post a Comment